Q: CD player will say "loading disk" when there is no disk in and then the doors lock and I can't unlock from the inside.

Often, randomly, the cd player will say "loading disk" when there is no disk in the player nor have I touched the radio. When that happens it's an indication that the doors have locked themselves as well which means that when I'm ready to get out of my car it won't unlock from the inside (even if I push the button or manually unlock the lever) I have to roll down the window and unlock and open the car from the outside. It seems to happen when I hit a bump or when I'm turning either direction. I've been trying to look online and it seems it's an electrical problem? May I ask what might be causing it and how much it might cost? Thank you!

Hey there. This is most likely related to an electrical short of some kind. This can be very difficult to trace and sometimes nearly impossible to find without the correct tools available. To have this problem scoped out, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the electrical system in order to have this addressed properly.

• CD player will say "loading disk" when there is no disk in and then the doors lock and I can't unlock from the inside.