Q: Q: Car wont start

As driving my car i noticed a funny smell almost like burning wires seconds later white smoke is pouring out from underneath my hood. I pull over and cut the engine open my hood and the smell is overwhelming. From this point on the car doesnt start no dash lights no clicking just nothing. My car has always been a little on the whiney side but nothing like this. All fluids were good. Help please

This suggests you may have an alternator that has failed and potentially fried some of the wiring causing the burning smell and the smoke you describe followed by the loss of all power. Generally, when an alternator fails it will begin to make a whining noise and may also begin to smoke a bit as the bearings inside create friction resulting in intense heat. As you may know, the alternator is responsible for charging the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while the engine turns the alternator. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power as you have described. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your charging system.

3. Q: Car wont start