Q: Car won't start, then starts, then quits again

When trying to start my car this morning, it was dead. All of the lights were working fine. I jump-started it and went on to work. 5 ½ hours later it started, with no problem. Then, around seven hours after having been parked, it was once again dead. The lights and all other things are still working well. Tomorrow, I should have the battery tested - or it might be the alternator. In your professional opinion, do you think it is the battery or alternator or something else?

A: Hello. It sounds more like a battery not ac...

Hello. It sounds more like a battery not accepting a charge for your 2009 Kia Rondo. Generally an alternator will illuminate the battery light in the dash to indicate no charging occurring, but a mechanic should be able to verify this. One last thing to consider if both the battery and charging system test fine is the possibility of a parasitic draw taking down the battery though it would have to be quite a draw to take down a battery in 7 hours. You could consult a mechanic, such as one form YourMechanic, to perform the testing before following through with a battery replacement.

Recommended services
Get a Quote