Q: Car won't start - Chevy

I have a 1998 Chevy S10 2.2 5 speed. I drove it the other day, came home, shut it off, then went out later to go to store and it wouldn't start or click. I jumpstarted it and I checked all fuses and relays and they're fine. Now when I turn the key when starting, the mileage doesn't show, the headlights don't come on, and when I jumpstart the car I hit the windshield wiper sprayer and the truck dies. Please help.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. This sounds like you may have an electrical short somewhere in the wiring behind your dash, or you could also potentially have a grounding problem. If you’d like help with this issue, consider having one of our certified automotive technicians from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this issue for you.

3. Car won't start - Chevy