Q: Q: Car won't start

Q: My 1996 Honda civic won't start asked by Joel S on February 28, 2017 I drove to a Gas Station to use the ATM, car was fine. Walked out of the store and started my car, then drove it to a pump so I could clean my windshield. When I got back in the car it started right up no problem but immediately started sputtering and then died. I let it sit for a minute then proceeded to try and start it again but it wouldn't start. The engine will turn over just fine but will not fire. I tested all spark plugs and didn't get spark so I replaced the main relay switch and the distributor. I have spark now but the car still won't fire. The engine sounds like it wants to start when I first turn the key but sputters out quick and won't do it again unless I let it sit for a while and try again. I have fuel pressure at fuel filter and fuel rail. All fuses are good. I'm lost

Hi there. It is possible that your ignition timing is incorrect, either too far advanced or retarded. This could have occurred when you replaced the distributor or due to a malfunction of the crankshaft or camshaft position sensor. The first thing I would do is double check the ignition timing to ensure it’s properly adjusted. If not, check the coil wire connections and the two position sensors. If you still can’t resolve this problem, contact a professional mechanic to complete a car is hard to start inspection.

3. Q: Car won't start