Q: Car won't crank or turn over, cannot be jump-started

The other day, I was about to start the car, but it wouldn't start. I turned the key in the ignition and there was only clicking sound. There is no cranking and it won't turn over. I attempted to jump-start it but the engine is unresponsive. What are the possible causes?

A: Hey there. This sounds like the <a href='ht...

Hey there. This sounds like the starter or starter solenoid has failed. Given that jumping the battery does not work, it is more likely the starter solenoid. Have a professional mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the starting problem in order to have this corrected properly.