Q: Car won't crank or turn over, cannot be jump-started

The other day, I was about to start the car, but it wouldn't start. I turned the key in the ignition and there was only clicking sound. There is no cranking and it won't turn over. I attempted to jump-start it but the engine is unresponsive. What are the possible causes?

A: Hey there. This sounds like the starter or ...

Hey there. This sounds like the starter or starter solenoid has failed. Given that jumping the battery does not work, it is more likely the starter solenoid. Have a professional mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the starting problem in order to have this corrected properly.