Q: Car won't change gears when I stop and try to put car in Park. It won't go until I remove the key.

Car starts OK but won't change gear when I stop car won't come out of gear until I remove key

Hi there. Check the shifter lock solenoid in the shifter housing. The lock solenoid may have an issue as the ignition key is on. I recommend replacing the shifter lock solenoid. Also, I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your lock solenoid in your shifter if your vehicle still continues to not going in into park after replacing the shifter lock solenoid.

3. Car won't change gears when I stop and try to put car in Park. It won't go until I remove the key.