Q: Car will not shift when lights on on

the check eng and wrench light on .and when comes on push on gas peddle no accretion I put a new throttle body and gas peddle on. Nothen helped

Hi Ford Freestyle owner:

What you’re describing sounds a lot like an electrical problem as opposed to being mechanical. When the wrench and check engine light both illuminate at the same time, something in the ECU is typically not happy and needs to be inspected by a diagnostic expert who knows how to read Ford’s rather complex codes. When the move from manual, cable operated throttles to electronic throttle control occurred, the ability for most casual mechanics to fix this problem went away.

The fact that you press the throttle and don’t get any acceleration shows me that there might be a problem with the Electronic Throttle Control, or "Throttle Actuator Control". Sometimes when you replace the throttle body, a code will need to be reset in the ECU in order for it to work correctly. The best thing you can do is contact a local certified mechanic who can show up, plug in the computer, inspect the vehicle and repair your issue as efficiently as possible.

Thanks for writing in to us. Hopefully this information will help you solve this problem sooner rather than later.

3. Car will not shift when lights on on