Q: Car vibrates while accelerating

My car is vibrating when I accelerate. Whenever I push the gas pedal, the car vibrates. But it doesn't vibrate when at a constant speed.

A: You might have a bad engine mount. Vehicles...

You might have a bad engine mount. Vehicles with transverse engines usually have 3 engine mounts and 2 transmission mounts. Some also have torque mounts. The mounts isolate the engines vibrations. When the insulator on the mount tears, the engine will ride on a metal surface. This causes vibrations and sometimes rattling sounds along with excessive engine movement during acceleration. The usual repair is a replacement of the torn mount. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect the vibrating issue and replace the engine mount if necessary.