Q: If theres a small hole in front exhaust will it affect the fuel consumption?

My car should do about 50 mpg but I'm lucky if I get 30 mpg

Hello. This may potentially affect fuel economy due to the fact that this introduces more oxygen into the exhaust flow. When this happens, the oxygen sensor will detect additional oxygen flow which will cause it to relay this to the ECU. As a result of this, the ECU will direct more fuel to be supplied to the motor to balance out the air/fuel ratio in order for the car to run as it should. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your exhaust problem and make the necessary repairs.

• If theres a small hole in front exhaust will it affect the fuel consumption?