Q: My Check Engine Light is on and my car barely wants to go.

My scan tool says I'm having problems with my transmission control system code p0700

A: Hello there. The transmission control syste...

Hello there. The transmission control system problems for your 2008 Pontiac Torrent can be caused by a variety of faults. The most common would be the transmission control module, wiring harness fault, the transmission valve body, or a shift solenoid issue. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your Check Engine Light and make any repairs required.