Q: Car stutters at startup

My car is stuttering after I start it. It could be the battery or the starter.

A: Hello, if the car has a rough idle at the s...

Hello, if the car has a rough idle at the start it could need a tune-up or have have a vacuum leak. Also, something could be wrong with the sensor that controls the idle, air fuel mixture, and throttle position sensor. It is possible that there is also something going on with your fuel system because it has a hard time getting to your engine. Even bad fuel in the gas tank may be the cause of stutter. It is unlikely that the starter or battery is causing this problem because they are not in use after the car starts. The battery gives the starter the power it needs to start the car, and the alternator takes over from there. After this process, the battery is no longer in use. A certified technician should diagnose your problem and make the necessary repairs in order to fix your rough idle.