Q: Car stopped on highway

My car won't start. It just stopped on highway. The battery light was blinking a couple days before it stopped.

A: Hi. It sounds as though the alternator has ...

Hi. It sounds as though the alternator has failed. The battery is basically just a storage device that must be charged by the alternator. Without a properly operating alternator, the battery will quickly become discharged and the vehicle will no longer run. The battery light comes on the dash when the alternator is not charging properly. I suggest you have a professional inspect your vehicle's starting issue first hand to confirm this is the problem. The team at YourMechanic is an excellent option.