Q: Car stalling when put into gear.

My car starts fine, but when I put it into gear, it dies. I got it home the other day by pushing the gas pedal and brake at the same time.

The idle control valve is the most likely cause and is the most common of problems with the vehicle for a low idle problem. You may also need to clean the throttle body and its passages with the idle control valve. I recommend you have a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, check over and diagnose your issue with your car. Your intake may also have a bad rubber type seal and leaking vacuum. The engine would need checked for leaks on this seal.