Q: Car stalling when put into gear.

My car starts fine, but when I put it into gear, it dies. I got it home the other day by pushing the gas pedal and brake at the same time.

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The idle control valve is the most likely cause and is the most common of problems with the vehicle for a low idle problem. You may also need to clean the throttle body and its passages with the idle control valve. I recommend you have a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, check over and diagnose your issue with your car. Your intake may also have a bad rubber type seal and leaking vacuum. The engine would need checked for leaks on this seal.