Q: Car shakes violently when idle.

Whenever I'm stopped my car has begun to shake until i press on the gas. The check engine light has also come on when the car stalled and all dashboard lights came one. After that the check engine light has stayed on.

Shaking or vibration may be caused by many different things such as faulty spark plugs, poor fuel pressure or misfires. Other things such as a faulty idle air control valve may cause the engine idle to drop below the normal idling RPM which may also cause the motor to shake or vibrate more than normal. This creates a loss of power that resonates throughout the motor additionally causing other problems with ignition and fuel timing. Anytime a misfire is caused, this causes an imbalance in the motor which will cause the motor to shake or vibrate. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Car shakes violently when idle.