Q: Window wiring harness broke

Ok to start off I been dealing with this problem for quite some time now. My wires that connect to my window switch have broken and actually come out of the switch.. I use to be able to stick the wires back into the window switch and roll my windows up or down.. but now since the reddish brown wire has broken i am unable to controll windows. Not even from passenger side.. This is the wiring harness on driver's side.. really need help especially now since it's getting cold and I have two kids whom ride with me.

A: Hi there. I’m assuming the connector on the...

Hi there. I’m assuming the connector on the wire harness is broken and now one of the wires has broken. One of the things you could do is locate another matching truck in a junkyard or being parted out and retrieve the window switch harness pigtail. Cut the harness well below the connector so that you have plenty of wire to work with. You could then attach the newer pig tail, matching the wires, and connect it to the window switch. Wire cutters, solder, soldering iron, heat shrink tubing, and some black electrical tap should do the trick; use the tape to wrap the newly connected pigtail at the new connection. If the switch is broken at the connector, simply replace the switch with a new or known working used one. Performing a proper electrical connection can be a daunting task; I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to determine what all needs to be corrected to avoid replacing unnecessary parts and complete the electrical connection properly for trouble free repair. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an electrical problems inspection.