Q: Car shaking on and off when going 40mph+

Car is perfect until i literally hit 40mph or a little over it (41,42,43). The noise comes on and off meaning it does it stops ,does it, stops. I was certain my tires needed balanced but that didn’t solve the problem. It also makes a low noise as it shakes. I can feel it vibrating on my steering wheel. It’s all in a pattern vibration every 3-4 seconds it shakes an then quiet and repeats if i stay in that mile range. Also it seems to go away after about 80mph. Please help !!!!

Hi Jose. Thanks for the question tonight. There are a few possible sources of the vibration and noise you’re hearing and feeling on the CTS. The most common component that can cause all of these symptoms would be a wheel bearing that is beginning to fail. It’s also possible that a CV joint is loose or does not have enough lubrication. It is also possible that you have a tire that is ’out of round’ or has a radial belt pull. This can often be missed during a tire/wheel balance. Since there are several possible sources, your best bet is to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site inspection so they can determine what is causing these issues.

3. Car shaking on and off when going 40mph+