Battery light staying on rav4 battery light l4-2.4l toyot...

Q: Battery light staying on

asked by on February 10, 2016

My battery light has stayed on after replacing the battery.

If the battery light is still on, the chances are your battery might not have needed replacement. The battery light is simply an indicator for the whole charging system. A bad battery, bad connection, bad alternator, bad regulator, etc. are all things that can cause the light to come on. A charging system test should be able to pinpoint the cause. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can perform a load test, voltage and amperage output test, and voltage drop test to determine the cause of your Battery Light.