Q: Car sounds rough...replaced clutch with no luck. Magically fixed today, but airbag sensor is on

Hey there, Alright here is a tough one. Over the last few months, my honda civic 2006 DX has been sounding tough. It drives fine, but louder. When you accelerate quickly especially out of 1st and 2nd, it would be very loud. The best way I could describe it would be that the engine is "sucking air" when high RPMs. I brought it to the mechanic and thought it was the clutch (87000 miles). It wasnt, but said the clutch was going on it (manual transmission). Sound remained and got a second opinion and thought it was the transmission, even though I have no problems shifting. Another friend thought it could be a bearing that needed to be lubed...I'm personally not a mechanic. However today out of the blue, it sounds almost perfect...sound gone! However coincidently, a new light popped on for the airbags to be checked. Previously over the last 5 years, I have replaced (2) O2 sensors

A: You may have a clutch release bearing that ...

You may have a clutch release bearing that is going bad. I have seen the bearing be noisy one day and gone the next. The clutch and release bearing should be replaced as long as the transmission is being removed. The Air Bag Light, on the other hand, will need to be checked for a bad air bag backup battery or faulty sensor. The two problems are not likely related. If you need to have these issues checked, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car's noise and Air Bag Light.