Q: Car skips gears

My car is skipping gears.

3. Car skips gears

Q: My gear shift cable may be broken but my car won't. What could be the issue?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Without the vacuum supply from the engine, the brakes become hard to press. The vehicle is designed not to start when it is in gear. This is a safety measure ensuring the vehicle is...

Q: Squealing of the engine while going uphill and at around 2000 RPM

A squealing noise may be the serpentine belt slipping or one of the accessories binding. Your tensioner or pulley may be bad and need to be replaced. Finally, your compressor pulley bearing may be going bad and it could seize...

Q: my back passenger wheel locked up what could be wrong

The likely cause is a failed wheel bearing unless something exceptional has caused the brake caliper to lock the brake rotor. By far, the most common cause of what you are describing is simply bearing failure though. Repair can be...