Q: car runs lean

i just put a new clutch kit in my cobra its been running lean since i bought it 6 months ago, doing a full tuneup to try to resolve the issue what else could causeit to run lean.

A: The most common cause of a lean running con...

The most common cause of a lean running condition would be a vacuum leak in the engine. You can check for vacuum leaks by listening to the engine while it’s idling. It will sound like a hissing noise.

Other possible causes of a lean condition would be low fuel pressure, plugged fuel filter, or failing oxygen sensors. All of these possibilities need to be checked out, though you should start with looking for vacuum leaks.

If you want to have this diagnosed for you, contact a professional technician, such as one available from YourMechanic.