Q: car will crank but won't start

My car has been fine, drove it daily. Never had any problems out of it other then 1 time before ,and then one day I went to class, came out an went to start my car and it wouldn't start, it would crank but not fire. I have replaced my camshaft sensor that's on the top left side of the motor. I was thinking maybe my coils but I don't know how to test them since my car won't. It had a problem a month an a half month before hand where it was idling and them shut off an wouldn't start back until 4 hours after an then it was fine and now since then we can't get it started. I've had 3 mechanics look at it an couldn't tell me any thing so it's been sitting for 3 months. Please help.

At 200 thousand miles it could really be just about anything. But the good news is that car that cranks but will not start is usually the easiest kind of problem to diagnose. Your car needs fuel, ignition, and compression to run. If the car is not starting one or more of those is not happening and a few step by doing a series of step by step checks can pin down the cause. I would resist the temptation to just replace parts until it works again. That can become very expensive very quickly and you may spend a lot of money on parts that you don’t need. I think your best step would be to have a technician from Your Mechanic come to your home or school and inspect your car to advise you of what needs to be done.