Q: Car occasionally will not start.

Occasionally car will not start. As in when you turn the key to the start position the starter motor will turn but the engine will do nothing. the dash lights come on as well as the security light which stays on after started. The car was purchased used after being abandoned for X amount of time and picked up by a dealership where it sat for 4 months.

Hi, thanks for writing in. A major problem that occurs when a vehicle sits for extended periods without running is the fuel inside the tank tends to go bad. As this bad gasoline circulates through the fuel pump, throttle body and the fuel injectors, it leaves deposits in all of these components; which can cause starting issues you’re describing. The best course of action is to have one of our mechanics complete a car is not starting inspection, so they can pinpoint the source of your issues and recommend the best repairs.

3. Car occasionally will not start.