Q: Car not starting due to battery

My car will not start. I think I need to replace the battery.

A: If your vehicle does not crank, nothing ope...

If your vehicle does not crank, nothing operates electronically in the vehicle, then yes the battery might be dead. Depending on the age of the battery it might just be old and not holding a charge. If it is a newer battery, there might be a different issue causing it to drain. A mechanic can perform a load test on the battery and determine if the battery is still good or needs replacement. A charging system test should also be performed to make sure the alternator is in good working order and replenishing the battery correctly.