Q: Car not starting after battery install

I just installed a brand new battery and the car does not start. I cleaned and tightened up the battery nut connection. My dashboard light does not come on fully and I can see the battery icon is on.

Hi. It seems like you may be having trouble with the power output and connections from your battery to your vehicle. It is possible that the battery was not charged from the store you bought the battery from. It could also be possible that other components of the starter system are faulty. I would recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your car starting issue so that you can get your car back on the road.