Q: Car not changing gears

asked by on February 26, 2016

My car will not change gears. It's stuck in first gear and when I accelerate past 35 MPH, the RPMs start going up into the red.

Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The transmission will most likely need to be replaced. I do not suggest driving the vehicle in this condition as serious engine damage will occur if the engine is redlined too much. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic can visit your home or office to diagnose your vehicle’s transmission and determine what repairs will be needed.