Q: Car neutral when shifting - 1998 Mitsubishi Galant

My car 4g63 galant when driving the first gear always neutral or sometime race change and I don't see the check engine light come on.

Hey there. The transmission control module (TCM) helps regulate fuel efficiency and power while storing information about the transmission system in its memory. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears.

The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform its function. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission shifting problem and follow through with repairs.