Q: Car making loud noise when idling

My car makes a loud noise when it idles out. I think it needs a pushrod or rocker arm replaced.

A: Hi there. There are many things that can pr...

Hi there. There are many things that can produce a tapping noise when idling. It’s not always the engine internals, but usually. There have been cases of your serpentine belt tensioner making a tapping noise. Check your oil level and condition. Make sure the proper weight oil was used. These noises are found by process of elimination. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the engine noise and repair any damaged components.