Q: Car making humming noise when driving, but when I stop at the ref Light I don't hear the sound. Also when I go over 40mp get loud.

My 2012 Camry making a humming noise when driving. If I increase my speed it get louder. Sound coming from around front area of car. When I stop at red light it don't make no sound. I don't know if it wheel bearing, axle? Need help resolving problem. Thanks.

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. The problem seems to be either a wheel rubbing brake rotor for the lug nuts not being tight enough or a wheel bearing that is worn out. The noise occurs only when the vehicle is in motion. You could jack the vehicle up and check the front wheels. Make sure that the lug nuts are tight and that the tires are not rubbing anything. Then check to see if the wheel bearing is loose by prying up on the wheel. An axle will not make this noise, but rather it will make a clicking sound. If you are still having trouble looking for the sound, then I recommend getting help from an automotive professional, diagnose the noise and assist with the proper repair.

3. Car making humming noise when driving, but when I stop at the ref Light I don't hear the sound. Also when I go over 40mp get loud.