Q: Q: Car loses power

I have a toyota conquest 160i my problem with the car is when i rev it sound like its choking and something is blocking air and it loses power and i have to rev it high so i could drive it so i would like to know what could be the problem

This may be a sign of a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this fails, this can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This may cause a hesitation, loss of power or jerking reaction when this sensor is malfunctioning. When this is not working properly, you may also notice a strong smell of fuel. Depending on the make and model of the vehicle and the type of ignition system it uses, this type of symptom can also occur when there is moisture inside the distributor cap causing a misfire as you try to accelerate. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your mass air flow sensor.

3. Q: Car loses power