Q: Courtesy light fuse drains battery 2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Tracked my parasitic battery drain using multimeter to the courtesy light fuse under the hood. Verified results by unplugging fuse and battery does not drain down overnight. With fuse replaced battery does drain down overnight. Would like to address problem, need advice and instructions.

Hi there - great diagnostic work! At this point, having identified which circuit is causing the drain, you will need a wiring diagram that identifies what other devices are on this circuit (clock, underhood light maybe?), and could be drawing current. For assistance, I recommend a wiring inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Courtesy light fuse drains battery 2000 Chevrolet Silverado