Q: Car independently accelerated and brake did not work - 2013 Lexus RX450H

I was in a parking lot and backing out of the space. All the sudden and without any warning, my car started independently accelerating and speeding up; my brake would not work. Finally, I was able to stop the car by putting it into Park. The stop was very abrupt and I didn’t even realize the sound was my hitting something. This same thing happened about ½ a month ago, but fortunately I did not hit anything that time. What is causing this trouble and how do I find the solution?

3. Car independently accelerated and brake did not work - 2013 Lexus RX450H