Q: Car has a new battery, but still cranks.

The cadillac has been cranking for a while. It used to turn on till the battery died, but now has a new one. Even with a new battery, it wont start.

If I am reading this correctly, from what you say your vehicle will not crank over even after a new battery is installed? I would have to say on this vehicle that one or both battery cables need replaced and possible the starter also. The side post battery style these vehicles have tended to leak battery acid out of the side posts and right into the battery cables. The acid will corrode the cables and migrate all the way to a ground or starter location and corrode that connection. If this happens then the battery connection will be lost and the vehicle will not crank or turn on any lights sometimes. The system would need to be checked by a qualified mechanic like one from YourMechanic to see if this is the reason your car isn’t starting.