Q: Car hard to start when water temp goes up to 100c

Car recently got top overhauled.. I noticed that from my tach, my water temp goes up to 100°c.. After a quick stop, my engine would crank but wont start.. It took me 30mins to wait and try starting the car which it did.. Coolant on my radiator nd rservoir's good.

Hello. If the engine is still getting hot then that needs to be checked first. If the engine was recently rebuilt then something may not have been reinstalled correctly or it may have an issue with any machining that was done. If it is not losing coolant then the thermostat and the radiator fans need to be checked to see if there is any issue with them. Most of the time it is a thermostat issue. Also, if the engine is getting hot enough it will keep the vehicle from starting correctly. If you need to have this overheating checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.