Q: Car flooded; not starting

My car was flooded. I drained all the water out. It was driving fine, but now it isn't starting.

A: A few deeper details will be required to le...

A few deeper details will be required to lead to a repair. We must determine a no-crank no-start or a crank no-start situation. If the vehicle doesn’t crank at all, the starter circuit may be a good place to start. If the vehicle does turn over, but will not start running on it’s own, there may be an issues with air metering or fuel delivery. Have an experienced automotive technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the vehicle and circuits for problems and verify if the flooding caused more concerns such as your no-start condition.