Car cranks but won't start. Security system was supposedl...

Q: Car cranks but won't start. Security system was supposedly removed by previous owner.

asked by on August 16, 2017

I just bought a 2003 Saturn l200.The previous owner says they removed the alarm system. Even though from what I've been reading it sounds like it's built into the computer system. But they said that's when it stopped running after they removed it. Things I know are that the door lock switches from inside don't work, it is getting fuel, doesn't have spark, security light doesn't come on at all. Itll crank but isn't firing. And I can't find any wires that look spliced or cut into from an alarm system. I'm stumped and just need help. I'm 17 and don't want to start dumping money into things like an ignition coil or a bcm if I don't have to. And all of the fuses are good as well.

This vehicle does have a built in factory alarm system and if the system is altered to try to remove it then you would need to either find out what was altered or have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic try and determine what was altered and try to reconnect or put back to factory settings.