Q: Can I put a 2003 4.7 tundra motor in a 2005 Tacoma without a kit?

Can I put a 2003 4.7 tundra motor in a 2005 Tacoma without a kit? The Tacoma has a 4.0 in it now. If not, what do I need to do this task. I've switched motors before, I'm having trouble finding info on Toyotas.

A: The short answer is no, but with the right ...

The short answer is no, but with the right amount of money anything is possible. Just about everything has to be changed. The engine ECU (Engine Control Unit), the mounting, the driveline. There have been a few to do it, even with the 5.7 but it takes a lot of engineering. Be sure to do your homework before starting the project.