Q: Cabin lights not working

My internal cabin lights are not working. I've tried replacing the bulbs and fuses, and neither of those fixed the issue. I'm thinking there is a short-circuit somewhere.

A: Hi there. The power is supplied to the inte...

Hi there. The power is supplied to the interior lights circuit via fuse 18 and the lights are turned on and off via the lighting control module. If fuse 18 keeps blowing, then you have a direct short and the wiring will need to be traced to locate the cause. If fuse 18 is not blown, then the voltage needs to be checked at the interior light’s assembly. If no voltage is present, then the issue most like likely lies in the lighting control module, however, the wiring will still need to be eliminated as the source of the problem by checking for voltage at pin 5 of connector 2145C. By doing this test, it will ensure that the module is the source of the issue. You may want to enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment to inspect the illumination problem and report any other electrical problems presents.