Q: Q: Burning oil

According to my dealership, my motor might need replacing. They tell me that it's burning oil. I've been adding oil regularly, checking constantly so it won't run out. The mileage is 105,045. Can you tell me what I can do to keep from having to replace my motor?

If the dealer did an oil consumption test and determined your engine is using excessive oil due to the engine piston rings then you can replace your engine with a remanufactured one or you can have your engine overhauled. The problem with an overhaul is the quality of the overhaul will depend on the mechanic doing it. You also may have internal engine damage that will require the engine to be replaced anyway. Find the best cost with the best warranty and decide from there.

3. Q: Burning oil