Q: Brakes jerking - 2015 Buick Encore Automatic

At the slightest touch of the brake pedal, the brakes grab and throw me forward. This happens every time I start my SUV and also when there is rain or on a humid day. This can be a definite safety problem. When I purchased the car, the salesman had told me about a noise in the system program, but he made no mention, nor warning, about the grabbing. In my research online, I have come across numerous complaints like mine. Please tell me what needs to be done to fix this grabbing-brake problem.

You may consider having the brake pads changed with some non-Buick pads (i.e. aftermarket). Based on the number of complaints on this issue, General Motors seems to have a mismatch on brake pad material with this model. This will, unfortunately, be at your expense since brake pads are a normal wear item, but probably the only solution. A professional mechanic, like a certified technician from YourMechanic, can help out here by inspecting and repairing your braking system at your home or office.