Q: Brakes in my SUV are pulsating

The brakes in my SUV pulsate as if they're warped or have high spots on them when I brake. It's not isolated to one wheel, but I think it's coming from the rear since the steering wheel doesn't vibrate or shimmy when it happens. It's very mild when the wheels are cold, but gets more noticeable when they're warm. It's also more noticeable when driving at higher speeds and/or heavy braking. I've taken it to the dealership and to Firestone and they can't find anything wrong with the brakes. I'm thinking it's the rotors, but I'm not sure. The actual braking of the truck doesn't seem to be affected, but it is annoying. Any thoughts?

You’re probably correct that it is the rotors.

To determine for certain if the rotors are warped, they should be measured for runout. Runout is the side to side movement of the brake rotor as it rotates. Often, this can not be seen with the naked eye - it can only be measured using special tools.

Another possibility is that the wheel bearings/hubs have play, but I would check the rotors first.

A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can do this for you with a diagnostic inspection of your pulsating brakes.