Q: Brake pedal hard to push after having disc brakes installed.

I had power disc brakes installed on my Camaro. The brake pedal is hard to push to the floor and barely stops the car. I was told this could be a fluid issue or a problem with the master cylinder.

A: If a fluid issue or the master cylinder was...

If a fluid issue or the master cylinder was at fault the symptom would be the opposite of yours. If the pedal is hard to push the most likely cause is a faulty check valve for the power brake booster. Take your vehicle back to the place that installed your brakes and make sure that all parts are good and that they were installed correctly. They will likely do the 'blow' trick to test the check valve. Air can pass through the check valve in only one direction if both or neither, the valve is bad. If the valve is good, the next likely cause would be the brake booster itself. Have this issue diagnosed by a certified mechanic to get your car back on the road.