Q: Car hesitates on acceleration

My car hesitates when I hit the gas pedal. The engine light is blinking, and the cruise control light automatically blinks when I start the car.

Hello. If your Check Engine Light is flashing that usually indicates that there is an engine misfire. Since the light is coming on I would start by scanning the computer for codes. The codes will help me to determine where to start the diagnostic and what cylinder may be having the issue. A misfire can be caused by worn out spark plugs, a bad ignition coil, or an internal engine problem. I typically remove the plug and check it for wear, and if nothing is found, I do a compression test to make sure that nothing is wrong inside of the engine. If you are going to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s hesitation issue and make the appropriate repairs.

3. Car hesitates on acceleration