Q: Brake light issue

asked by on November 08, 2016

Right brake light doesn't work, tail lights work fine. Changed bulb, checked fuses. When I step on brake pedal all lights on rear right go out.

Brake light is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The rear brake light on the right uses the same power as the one on the left. If you are getting brake lights on the left side but not on the right, then you will need to test the right rear socket. The tail light and brake light are in one bulb that shares the same ground in the socket. When you hit the brake, most likely the light is going out due to loss of ground in the socket to the bulb. Check the socket to see if it shows signs of heat damage or corrosion. Then try replacing the socket and retest the light. If you need any professional assistance with this repair, try contacting a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose your brake light problem.