Q: Big hole under transmission

My mechanic looked up under my car today. There's a giant hole under the transmission case. I will try to attach a picture if I can. I do not have the money for repairs, but before I junk it, he's gonna try to repair it with JB WELD. At this point, it can't hurt! Do you think this will work? Also, what would cause a big hole like this? Something internal?? Your advice is appreciated. Thank you..

Depending on where exactly the case is broken will determine if it is junk or not. JB weld will not contain any fluid pressures. If you have fluid leaking through the hole then you most likely will have to replace the transmission entirely.

If you’d like a fresh pair of eyes on this situation, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose any potential leaks and suggest a fix from there. Best of luck.

3. Big hole under transmission