Q: Battery light is still on after getting a new battery and alternator

I just got a new alternator and battery. Before doing this the battery warning light was on and now it still is after the replacement parts. Can you direct me to what might be causing the light to still be showing. Thanks.

A: The Honda Element has a computer-controlled...

The Honda Element has a computer-controlled charging system to help improve fuel economy. In the engine compartment fusebox there is an ELD unit that monitors electrical loads of the vehicle consumers and will communicate with the engine computer to turn off the charging system to improve fuel economy in the event the electrical load is deemed low.

If the ELD malfunctions or the engine computer cannot switch on the alternator, then the alternator will not charge and the Battery Light will come on. If the ELD is at fault then fault codes will be stored in the engine computer. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the training and expertise to diagnose the charging system issue of your Element.