Q: Battery light is on.

So i bought a car from my sister and the battery light often comes on while its in park or just at a stop. The car will drop in rpms and almost stall or will stall. Battery light seems to disapear when actually driving though ao its pretty weird. My thought was maybe the alternator but my sister had that replaced quite recently. Any suggestions?

Hi there. Either the drive belt to the alternator is slipping at low rpm’s or the alternator is not producing enough voltage and amperage at low rpm’s. Check the drive belt tensioner and see if it seems loose and not keeping the belt tight. If the belt is good and not slipping, then I recommend replacing the alternator. If you need further assistance with your battery light issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.