Q: Battery dies/short

I took my dash apart to install a new stereo deck I never did put one in I didn't touch anything nowith my battery dies and won't stay charged and my lights are on when the keys half turned not even started

A: Hello. From the symptoms you’ve described i...

Hello. From the symptoms you’ve described it would appear that there is some sort of electrical short that is draining the battery and activating your lights.

If it only started after you took the dash apart then it is likely that the problem happened then and there.

I would carefully examine the wiring to make sure that there are no broken, damaged, or frayed wires. I would also check to make sure that the ignition switch is in good working order, as that can cause those symptoms as well.

If you’d like to get this fixed, reach out to a qualified technician who is capable of diagnosing your battery issue. Once this diagnostic is done, an accurate repair can be made.