Q: Q: Battery light

I Drive A 2008 Honda Civic Si Coupe, My Battery Light and Steering Light Came On, then Everything in the car started shutting off. What Can It Be? I have been having problems with the battery, always having to jump it.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a weak battery, a failing voltage regulator or failing alternator. The alternator charges the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while the engine turns the alternator pulley. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power. When the battery runs down substantially, this can cause other systems that relay on battery power to operate to malfunction as well. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system ad battery.

3. Q: Battery light