Q: Po741 code

asked by on June 27, 2017

Po741 code, what is the typical solutions?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Check to be sure that the transmission fluid level is correct, especially that the level is not too high or low. Also, check the condition of the fluid. Apart from that, the list of "typical" causes of P0741 includes: Faulty TCC (torque converter clutch); Faulty torque converter lockup solenoid; Internal short in the TCC solenoid; Wiring to the TCC solenoid that is damaged; Faulty valve body; Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM); Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor; Damage in the wiring harness to the transmission; and Restricted hydraulic passages from dirty transmission fluid. Of course, the solution will depend on which of the foregoing causes is found in a diagnostic. Some of the foregoing issues are not hard to rule out; others require a vehicle specific real time scan tool and possibly hydraulic pressure testing. The issue can be diagnosed in a check engine light diagnostic for P0741. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr